Mindful Mental Health Service (MMHS)
Mindfulness-Based Mental Health
at the CHA Department of Outpatient Psychiatry
Introduction to Mindfulness Groups
• Get a sense of exactly what mindfulness is.
• Learn how mindfulness can help you to respond instead of reacting to the circumstances of your life including pain, illness or just everyday stress.
• Try out selected practices in a small group.
• Observe the relationship between your thoughts and your mood and navigate the landscape of your mind and body.
• Stop fighting with your mood and become more aware of its character.
• Develop more calm and ease with your emotions and the storms that sometimes accompany anxiety and depression.
• Dive deeper into the practices you have already learned in an 8 week program.
• Ask questions and practice with others in a supportive atmosphere with a mindfulness group leader.
Ask your CHA provider for a referral, or call 617-591-6055 for more information.